Sunday, July 02, 2006

Raw Pot Piele and Today's Lunch

I was 100% raw yesterday! It felt great and I'm really proud to say it, plus I had the nicest food! For dinner I wanted to have RAW Pot Pie (from Juliano's book, of course) but due to dehydrator size constraints, I couldn't form the pie base so I just made two circles of pie dough and made a 'piele' (pile). I love that word! I think I should try and get it in a dictionary :-)
Anyway, the pie filling was super delish and also good because it allowed for some creativity. Among other things, it contained coaked cashews, sunflower seeds and "a
cup of vegetable pulp from juicing a two pound combo of veggies such as carrot, yam, celery, broccoli or red bell pepper." I used carrot, celery, sweet potato (yam) but I also had a single lonely beet sitting in the fridge so I threw that it, and it made the dish the most beautiful shade of pink! Some might not find at appealing but I think it's gorgeous! And, as I said, it tasted superb. Yet another Juliano sucess!

For lunch today I had a simple salad of sweet potato, tomato, cucumber, corn, a little avocado and Flax Seed Crackers. (Do I need to tell you where the recipe is from? :-) The crackers (seen around the outside of the plate) tasted really great but they were the first recipe that I would say wasn't complete perfection, as they didn't stay together too well. I think this could be due to my dehydrator though, and the bits that are really small can just be sprinkled on salads as a topping. Yum.



In other news, I'm flying back home to Lobethal in South Australia (about a 3 hour flight) to see family and friends for a week on Tuesday. I will give a good post tomorrow with some more dehydrator treats but Tuesday and Wednesday I probably won't be able to post. I should be back everyday after that though - luckily both my Nanna and Grandma have computers (although they struggle a little :-) so I can use them.
Have a good day everyone.

9 Comments:

At 7:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freedom - great to hear about all your Juliano success stories. I'm making the yogurt you suggested right now. It's fermenting at the moment, so I'll get to try it in a few hours. Very excited!

I'm really itching to try all the ddyhrated recipes, but I don't have one. My mother does and doesn't often use it, so I'm hoping to borrow it when she returns from holidays.

Keep up your awesome blog. I'm really enjoying it!

 
At 9:57 am, Blogger Jody from VegChic said...

Looks yummy.

I tried those pumpkin muffins. They were ok. The batter tasted slightly bitter, so added some agave nectar. Then cooked them up. I waited and waited and waited and they were still raw in the middle, so I waited some more and though they are relatively cripy on the outside there is still rawness in the center.

They taste healthy and good to me, but I'm not sure they would go over well if I brought them for non veg friends.

 
At 10:00 am, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Hope you have a great trip, freedom!

 
At 11:33 am, Blogger urban vegan said...

as they say, you eat with your eyes first. these are gorgeous photos--I can just tell they tasted as good as they look. thanks for sharing.

 
At 3:55 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Megan - I'm glad you're trying the yoghurt, it's delish. In the book it says to turn the jar upside down with cheesecloth over the top after fermenting - I did this and didn't actually get any whey drip through, not sure why, so unless yours is very runny you might not want to bother with this. Definately borrow the dehydrator, they're so much fun! Thanks for the compliment, I love your blog too :-)

Jody - thanks for trying the muffins. Mine didn't cook right through at first but after about 25 mins in the oven they did, and then had a nice contrast from crunchy outside to soft middle - I'm not sure why. The potluck is all vegan so they're not for non-vegs, but since getting more into raw I'm thinking of taking something raw instead. Thanks again for trying though :-)

Kleopatra - thankyou! It should be fun.

Urban Vegan - I love the pink of the beet in the pics. Maybe not a very traditional colour for a veggie pie, but yumm!

 
At 6:17 pm, Anonymous Obat Penyakit Asam Urat said...


His article is very helpful at all thanks

Obat Mata Juling
Obat Kanker Rahim
Obat Gatal Berair di Ketiak
Cara Mengobati Sakit Pinggang
Cara Mengobati Benjolan Di Vagina
Pengobatan Alami Penyakit vertigo

 
At 4:46 pm, Blogger Taj food said...

This is a really good site post, i am delighted I came across it. I will be back down the track to check out other posts that
traders in pakistan

 
At 10:54 pm, Blogger Taj food said...

You did the a great work writing and revealing the hidden beneficial features of
Best rice exporters from pakistan

 
At 3:03 am, Blogger yanmaneee said...

supreme hoodie
supreme clothing
ultra boost
jordan shoes
jordan shoes
yeezy
hermes handbags
hermes online
bape hoodie
off white x nike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home