Thursday, June 29, 2006

Harmonias Midweek Munchies Meme
A Veg*n Meme

What wonderful foods did you bring home from the grocery store?

Midweek Munchies: What Freedom is contributing for the week



Well, I had an expensive shopping week this week, with my emergency trip to the wholefood shop yesterday to get things to dehydrate. I had a very, very brief trip to the supermarket though, and in fact almost everything I bought was for animals not me, which makes me happy. So here is everything I got at the wholefoods shop, in two visits (remember, the $ means organic):

$almonds$
$apples$
$atta flour$
$avocado$
black eyed peas
$buckwheat$
carob powder
$cashews$
$corn on the cob$
dates
$dried apricots$
dried figs
muesli
pine nuts
$quinoa$
$raisins$
$spelt$
$sunflower seeds$
walnuts

At the organic fruit and veg shop, I also got:
$apples$
$broccoli$
$carrots$
$green capsicum$
$onion$

I ate my very first dehydrated meal today! I was so excited and it was totally delicious. I know these patties don't look that appetising - and they look nothing like the picture in RAW (by Juliano) but I don't care cos they tasted so nice. They are called 'Cheeseburgers' and are yellow in the book and some of the ingredients are walnuts, almonds, carrots, mushrooms and lots more. I had two served with some sweet potato 'chips,' corn off the cob and a little bit of tomato. Yum.



Links to other Midweek Munchies
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)

Click here for the Midweek Munchies code
Click here for Harmonia's blog

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!
Technorati Tag:

A special thanks to Running2Ks and Rift for all of their help with coding, graphics, and encouragement for this project.

PURPOSE of Midweek Munchies: Put together by a small group of Veg Women, we hope to spread the word about healthy vegetarianism while obtaining idea starters for meals, recipes, learn about new products, and meet other female veg*n bloggers. Visiting and commenting on other participants lists are encouraged but not required. Have fun and Go Veg!

1 Comments:

At 6:24 am, Blogger Dori said...

Looks like a great list of food! MMM figs, they are really expensive here though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home