Friday, June 30, 2006

More raw recipes
Here's some little maths equations for you:


dedicated uni student who loves studying + five week uni break = bored uni student

bored uni student + new dehydrator x (love of creating recipes + passion for new semi-raw lifestyle) = RECIPES

I hope everyone enjoyed that! I know, I know I'm a nerd but hey, what are you going to do? I guess if I wasn't such a study-loving nerd, I probably wouldn't be studying veterinary science! Anyway, to get to the point, I have created three raw recipes in two days. As a result, I feel it's necessary to have somewhere special for my recipes. I have been planning to do this for ages but am now finally motivated, so, drumroll please... check out my new blog called Freedom's Raw Recipes! I'm going to use that as a recipe blog while talking about food and my llife in general on this blog - I will also still publish all my yummy photos here.



So let me tell you about the recipe I created yesterday morning. First of all, let me inform you that this was a huge step for me (along with my recent avocado purchase) because I haven't eaten a meal between breakfast and lunch for about 8 months - I just wouldn't let myself, no matter how hungry I was - but yesterday I firmly decided that I was going to put on weight, dammit, and one way to start would be eating morning tea. I made what I have called Scrumptious Calcium Bombs, and they really are good. I had two right after making them and they were nice but then I had two more this morning after they's been in the fridge for 24 hours and they were even better! Sorry about the terrible photo - you can at least get the idea of what they look like.



The next recipe I created was for falafels, pictured as I ate them for lunch with a salad. I think this picture is great - so many vibrant colours! Veggies are so pretty. The falafels are really nice but could be better - they need a little more depth of flavour - so I will work on the recipe then post it.

Thirdly I created some cookies but they are currently in the dehydrator, so who knows how they'll turn out (although if the mixture is anything to go by, they're going to be great!) So I'll let you know about them tomorrow!
Have a fabulous day everyone!

3 Comments:

At 1:06 am, Blogger urban vegan said...

the calcium bombs sound great. Being a peace lover, they're the only kind of bombs I like.

 
At 11:41 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Absolutely! All bombs should be edible. Maybe if we got all the warring parties in the world to sit down and talk over their problems with a plate of calcium bombs (and assorted other vegan delights) they'd stop fighting :-)
Thanks for visiting the blog!

 
At 6:58 am, Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

This all looks and sounds so good. Good for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home