Sunday, July 16, 2006

Raw Pizza ROCKS!!




Oh wow, raw pizza is the most divine thing... I love it sooo much it's not funny. And I've only had it twice! The base is made of:

ground flax seeds
carrot
onion
tomato
fresh parsley
dried basil and oregano

which is all mixed up in a food processor then dehydrated for about 13 hours. The 'cheese' sauce (which you can just see peeking out in the pic) is Mac Cream from Juliano's RAW (utterly divine!) and the red sauce is just carrot, fresh tomato and sundried tomato, all processed with a splash of water. The toppings I used for this particular pizza are mushroom, pineapple and shredded basil leaves - last week when I made it but couldn't take a pic it looked better cos there were olives (left over from the BLack Olive and Cream Dim Sum) but I really don't like olives so I wasn't about to buy them just to make my pizza look better :-)



On now to something(s) which can be described only as heavenly. As you will know if you've been following my blog, I am just a tad obsessed with RAW: The UNcookbook by Juliano and I've found fault with only one of his recipes so far - the others have all been divine, outstanding and utterly perfect. However, the most recent one I made is sublime - I'm not religious but if I believed in heaven I would say that I would be living on these things when I got there. What I am referring to is Oatmeal Cookies.I have been desperately searching for oat groats so that I could make these and silly me forgot to mention yesterday that my wholefoods store has finally bought in organic oat groats in bulk! They're expensive but I now know just how worth it they are and I will be buying ALOT to try in recipes. I altered the recipe very slightly by not using the ground cashews which were only for "easier handling of the batter" and adding a little water - apples are optional but I added just a little bit for more moisture. Despite Juliano's amazing skills in recipe creation, I don't think his maths is outstanding - either that or his idea of a 'serving' is rather different to mine. I have not made the full quantity of any recipes but have always had at least twice as much as I was expecting, and these cookies were no different - Juliano says that the whole recipe makes 12 cookies but I didn't have enough oat groats for the whole thing so I made half. I ate an awful lot of batter during making :-) and still ended up with seven decent sized cookies. Go figure. Anyway, if you have this recipe book and a dehydrator, go NOW and make. In fact, even if you don't have a dehydrator just make the batter and eat it with a spoon.



Happy Sunday to everyone and thanks for stopping by!

12 Comments:

At 11:40 am, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Nice pizza, freedom. And the plates are also tres bien!!! Lovely, lovely.

I thought of you yesterday when i interviewed this 16-year-old boy golfer who is from Sydney... he won the tournament i was covering for the newspaper i write for!

 
At 12:17 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Wow, winning an international tournament at 16 - that's so impressive! Yes, I love that plate - it only cost me 75 cents too! I decided a while back to start a collection of interesting crockery and it was the first thing I got.

 
At 1:56 am, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

you've got me thinking about raw pizza ~ looks great & convincing review. i'm always down with a cookie stack! :o)

 
At 3:03 am, Blogger Eat Peace Please said...

This all looks fabulous. Since you've been super-into Juliano lately I checked out the book at the store (I am waiting for a special occassion to ask for that and a dehydrator as a gift). I just loved thumbing through the recipes and I think your photos and descriptions of the foods are wonderful!

 
At 9:20 am, Blogger Freedom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:22 am, Blogger Freedom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:23 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Hey Vicki, if you've got a dehydrator stop thinking about raw pizza and start making it! :-) And cookie stacks are totally awesome.

Thanks Leslie - I wish the Juliano book was mine and not a library book but I may be getting it for my 18th birthday (fingers crossed :-)
My dehydrator was also a bday present - about 4months early!

I'm so glad that I've got people thinking more about raw because it's so delicious and good for you. Not only that it is better for the environment because raw foods don't generate lots of plastic packaging.

 
At 3:16 am, Blogger Jody from VegChic said...

Those pizzas look great as do the cookies. Renaming your blog is a cool idea. I kind of dig the long name!

 
At 7:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 12:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds delicious

 
At 2:23 am, Blogger billybob said...

that just looks inedible. still i have a friend who eats raw food, and she swears by it. says it's good. i'll have to take her word for it.

 
At 5:01 pm, Anonymous Cara Mengobati Kista Bartholin Tanpa Operasi said...

This article is interesting and useful. Thank you for sharing. And let me share an article about health that God willing will be very useful. Thank you :)

Khasiat Daun Sirsak untuk Benjolan
Obat Telinga Bernanah paling Ampuh
Cara Menghilangkan Benjolan di Miss V
Cara Memesan QnC Jelly Gamat
Penyebab Ginjal Bengkak dan Pengobatannya
Obat Tradisional Benjolan di Pangkal Paha/Selangkangan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home