Sunday, July 09, 2006

I have returned!
Hello everyone! I now have access to a working computer again although I am still away in South Australia, staying with my Grandma. Photos are not possible at this point, but I have lots to share when I get home! Food has not been a problem at all so far - I'm not one of those people who compromises my vegan beliefs when I'm away but I haven't found this in the slightest bit difficult. I had two 100% RAW days last week, which was great, but Friday and Saturday were only about 70% raw, due to having toast for breakfast at my Nanna's place. I have great photos of all the yummy raw stuff I have made, but as I said I can't post them now, so instead I'll fill you in on what I did on Monday before I came over to SA. I went to a naturopath for the first time (she's read the blog a few times so if you see this, hi Jen!) It was a very interesting experience, so much better than the doctor I used to have who was very motherly and didn't want to do much other than tell me to put on weight - she didn't get the vegan thing but Jen is a raw vegan so she obviously did! It was weird because I admitted my eating disorder - prior to when I posted about it on here a few weeks ago, I had never told anyone that I had a disorder (although my best friends new) but I knew that in order for me to get better, Jen needed to know. I definately think that posting it on here gave me the courage to admit it out loud for the first time.
Well I know this hasn't been much of an interesting post but I just can't find the motivation without the pictures to jazz it up. Ooooh, I'll tell you what I had last week though - totally not raw but totally yummy. There is a little shop in Adelaide which sells the most AMAZING muffins you've ever eaten, I was so depressed to leave them behind when I went to West Australia, and I had one on Tuesday right after my plane came in. Wow it was good. I felt a little guilty about not eating raw, but still enjoyed it - I'm having another (hopefully!) on Wednesday before i leave, so I'll get a pic. Back to my muffin-loving roots there!

5 Comments:

At 3:21 pm, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Never feel guilty about food... it's eating that helps us LIVE, in more ways than one, sweet freedom.

*HUGS*

Enjoy your trip. Hi to Grandma...

 
At 9:49 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Thanks Kleopatra! I didn't feel guilty so much as just a bit sad that something so tasty wasn't raw. It's hard to explain... but don't worry, I'm not slipping back into my old ways of feeling guilty because there's too much fat in my food! :-)

 
At 11:26 am, Blogger KleoPatra said...

:o) sweet freedom

Life's good. Be good to you, always, all ways.

 
At 12:32 am, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:32 am, Blogger jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

welcome back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home