Monday, July 17, 2006

Just in case you didn't get it yesterday...



I LOOOOVE raw pizza! So much so that I had one for lunch yesterday using the one lonely raw pizza base sitting in my cupboard. For toppings, I mashed up some avocado with a tiny pinch of sea salt and some minced garlic and spread this on, then added chopped red capsicum, chopped zucchini, raisins, some chopped spring onions and... I think that was it. Then I decided that my meal was nowhere near colourful enough so I grated some carrot on top - I felt a weird feeling while doing this and then suddenly realised it was just like grated cheese! :-)

This was yummo and made a great lunch - not as nice as the pizzas pictured yesterday but not so filling (good for a lighter meal). Also, I like lots of veggies at lunchtime so it was good to use the avocado in place of a nut-based 'cheese' sauce.



On another topic, I'm thinking of renaming my blog. I am currently of the opinion that even when I go fully raw I will get one of my 'health food shop' muffins when I go home to Adelaide but aside from that, I'm kinda over the muffin thing. In all honesty, the muffins I made were never that good because I just couldn't perfect the art of light, fluffy, fat-free muffins. Let me tell you, cooking (uncooking!) raw vegan recipes that non-raw vegans like is a hell of a lot easier than cooking fat free vegan recipes that non-fat free vegans like!
Back to the blog name, I'm thinking of 'The raw vegan dehydrator-cookie princess' or something along those lines, although I know that is a bit of a mouthful! This is in honour of the fact that I have discovered a real talent for these delicious treats - keep an eye on my other blog (see link in sidebar) for more recipes appearing soon. There are some dehydrating away right now, so we'll see how they turn out! Any suggestions/comments on blog title are welcome. Have a rawesome day everyone!

8 Comments:

At 5:10 am, Blogger MeloMeals said...

The pizza here and on your last post looks delicious, as do your cookies..

 
At 9:22 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Thanks melody! They tasted delicious too :-)

 
At 9:56 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had raw pizza a couple of months ago when I went to a Raw rest. As soon as I get my hands on a dehydrates I'll get to work!

hmmmm...'rawsome' is kinda fun! Or, you could make an akcronym out of your long suggestion.

 
At 12:10 pm, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Love the pizza. Of course, i love ALL pizza!!

 
At 3:19 am, Blogger Dori said...

"The raw vegan dehydrator-cookie princess"... interesting name change.

The raw pizzaa looks "rawsome". What is your pizza crust made from?

 
At 3:21 am, Blogger Dori said...

Never mind that base ?... I scrolled down and saw the previous post. Again "rawsome" is what I have to say.

 
At 7:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 
At 3:14 am, Anonymous BigMouseWorld said...

Hi nice reading your posst

 

Post a Comment

<< Home