Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I'm so BORED!

Okay, so I know I'm not normal, which is why what I'm about to say shouldn't surprise you too much - I'm DESPERATE to go back to university. I still have 6 days left of holidays and absolutely NOTHING to do. Jeez, I'm sick of being on the computer. Yesterday I opened up my recently arrived issue of PETA's Animal Times magazine and wrote letters to everyone they suggested writing to, about everything from glue traps to KFC slaaughterhouses - and it took all of about an hour. I read some of the Peter Singer book I currently have from the library (called How Are we to Live? and very interesting), planned what I'm having for lunch today, made dinner for my parents, dried dishes and loaded washing machine, watched Law and Order: SVU (I don't watch much TV but I love crime type shows) and played with my gorgeous ratty Spirit. Oh, and I made the nummy lunch pictured above! (And below!)
It is of my own creation but I'm not going to put it on my recipe blog because I used no measurements. So, here are the ingredients:

carrot (not peeled)
sweet potato (not peeled)
butternut pumpkin (peeled!)
fresh scraped coconut meat
fresh squeezed lemon juice

All you do is mince the first four ingredients in a food processor, scrape down the sides and give a few pulses with the lemon juice in there, then serve and enjoy this gorgeous orange salad. I deceded it wasn't quite veggie-ful enough and stirred through some chopped cucumber as well, which was yum. I'll definately be taking this to uni with me! Oh, a tip - rinse your food processor right away, or it'll be stained bright orange!

For dinner last night I made RAW Spaghetti Bolognaise, which was as totally delicious then as it was when I made it up last week (although I had to use regular tomato and the roma is definately nicer!)

Well, I'm going to go and try to occupy myself for the day... wish me luck!

6 Comments:

At 12:10 pm, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Hope you enjoyed the day and weren't still bored!

The food looks good, VMP!

I miss going to school... it's been years and years and years for me!

 
At 9:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so lucky that you only have a few days to wait ... my university break goes from mid-April to almost mid-September ... 5 months! You think you're bored. LOL

I am really enjoying reading about your raw adventures. I recently bought two raw books - Living on Live Food by Alissa Cohen and Living Cuisine by Renee Underkoffler. I tend to be very lazy though and just eat salads, raw fruits and veggies, and smoothies. I really should try some recipes ... it's not like I don't have the time. LOL

 
At 5:22 am, Blogger urban vegan said...

so wise for your years...

 
At 10:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG ... enjoy this tiem off...try! Once you're done school and working full time, you'll long for those 6 days back!!!

Have you figured out your new blog name yet?

 
At 4:55 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Kleo - my day was alright. I think I'll miss uni when I'm finished but I've got at least 4 1/2 more years, plus I'm thinking of doing a phd.

Seona - wow, I would go nuts with that much free time! I've had five WEEKS and I'm bored stiff. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog and good luck trying new recipes - trust me, even if they're time consuming they're so worth it.

Urban Vegan - awww, thanks *blushing*

Megan - maybe I will! And no, I'm still thinking about the name.

 
At 7:29 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home