Friday, June 16, 2006

Harmonias Midweek Munchies Meme
A Veg*n Meme

What wonderful foods did you bring home from the grocery store?

Midweek Munchies: What Freedom is contributing for the week



Write your delicious contributions here

I had fun shopping this week! On Monday I went to the wholefoods shop... this is something I do almost every monday but normally it is just to grab one or two things. Not so this week! By the way, everything was bought in bulk which I love because it is cheaper, doesn't create lots of packaging to pollute the world and means that I can buy the little tiny amounts that I want (I don't eat much!). Remember, the $ means organic.

$almonds$
$?apple juice concentrate?$ (I think this was organic but I'm not sure)
$atta flour$
dates
$hazelnuts$
$quinoa$
$raw cashews$
$sunflower seeds$

These are the things I got yesterday - they are from four different shops because I like to get things as cheap as possible (especially when I spent so much on organics on Monday!!)

applesauce (unsweetened)
bottled orange and mango juice
less-salt soy sauce
satay sauce
sultanas
tinned chickpeas
wholemeal muffins (97% fat free)

asparagus
apples
baby spinach
banana
grapes
mushrooms
oranges (for juicing)
parsley (another actual plant! I had to buy it because it is rather dead and sad looking and was on sale for 99 cents!)

I've realised how few recipes I have posted lately and I'm really sorry... I have only one more exam and then 5 WEEKS of holidays so you can bet I'm going to be cooking up a storm! Be ready!

Links to other Midweek Munchies
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)

Click here for the Midweek Munchies code
Click here for Harmonia's blog

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!
Technorati Tag:

A special thanks to Running2Ks and Rift for all of their help with coding, graphics, and encouragement for this project.

PURPOSE of Midweek Munchies: Put together by a small group of Veg Women, we hope to spread the word about healthy vegetarianism while obtaining idea starters for meals, recipes, learn about new products, and meet other female veg*n bloggers. Visiting and commenting on other participants lists are encouraged but not required. Have fun and Go Veg!

4 Comments:

At 10:46 pm, Blogger Harmonia said...

Hi! Great list this week...lots of organics! I need to work on that...of course I will not have a MwM next week unless I do one on Monday...I will not be here for about a week or so...starting Wednesday.

 
At 3:40 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Yes, I love my organics... sooo expensive but I think it's worth it because it's better for human health, the environment and animals. Have a nice break from blogging.

 
At 12:19 pm, Blogger KleoPatra said...

I am such a sap/easy mark for sad-looking plants, too!! Especially when they're only 99 cents...

Good for you!

 
At 7:59 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

My mum was just happy it was a sad looking plant and not a sad looking animal, since that's what I normally bring home!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home