Wednesday, June 14, 2006


Muffin Monday
Muffin posts two in a row! Does it get any better? As many of you know, every week I have 'Muffin Friday' when I bake up a batch of (usually - see post below for an exception) totally delicious muffins which last me throughout the week. However, I also have Muffin Mondays when I let someone else prepare the muffin for me! Yes, there is actually somewhere I can buy vegan muffins in West Australia - it is called 'The Healthy Byte Cafe' and is highly recommended. They are not vegan or even vegetarian but have lots of choices. Many of the sandwiches and wraps are vegetarian - I haven't asked about the bread but if that is dairy free, there are some that would also be vegan (eg avo and salad, falafel and hummus). They serve soups which are occasionally vegetarian and have a number of hot foods that are. Also, in with the hot foods are three different flavours of samosa (curried lentil, potato and spinach, can't remember the other) which all clearly say *vegan* on the little label! They have jars of biscuits and one is also labelled as vegan. There are normally five salads on offer and the last few weeks one of them has been a sweet and sour looking tofu salad. But despite all these yummy options, I have a 'Pritikin' Muffin every week. Now, I don't know why it's called that... I do know of an old diet fad called 'The Pritikin Principle' so I'm guessing it's related, but who knows? The important thing is that on the little label beside these muffins it says
"sugar free, fat free, egg and dairy free." Makes you wonder what is in them! Well, I know that some of the things are dates, sultanas, currants, orange zest and cinnamnon... YUMM! One day they were out of muffins (I nearly cried) and so I had one of the samosas (potato and spinach) and it was really good although a little spicy for me. The pastry was thick and not too oily, which was good. So, in short if you ever happen to be in Fremantle Western Australia, I highly recommend this cafe. By the way, I took a picture of the muffin but it was rather blurry, so you can see the cafe itself. Now I must go, and study for exams!
Have a great day!

4 Comments:

At 5:02 pm, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Pritikin muffins sound priti fine to me.

Best to you with your exams!!!

 
At 5:17 pm, Blogger Dori said...

Hope your exams go well. Nice little food shop you shared.

 
At 11:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pritikin muffins are diabetic muffins. Discovered and created with no sugar or fat for those suffering Type II diabetes, and has anyone evr noticed diabteic recipes go hand in hand with veganism? They are THE BEST recipes for vegos!!!

Also, I thought pastry had eggs and butter in it?

 
At 10:32 am, Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0607
air more uptempo
louboutin shoes
dolce and gabbana
true religion outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors
air huarache
nike store
coach outlet
nike store

 

Post a Comment

<< Home