Saturday, November 10, 2007

Yum and Raisin (And VeganMoFo)


Well, I know it is already the 10th of November but I'm going to join VeganMoFo and try my best to write something every single day from now till the end of November. Sorry if all you wonderful people who started at the beginning of the month consider this sacrelige... but what are you going to do?



Anyway, what I am writing about today is this delicious creation, which I call 'Yum and Raisin Ice-cream.' Doesn't it look delicious? It was :-) Ice cream is probably something that people who don't know much about veganism would assume that vegans don't get to eat. They CERTAINLY wouldn't think raw vegans would eat it. But as all good vegans know, we can enjoy it! I'm pretty sure that I never actually tried any pre-made vegan ice-creams before going raw, but I know there are plenty available and even more in the US than here (though we'll catch up). But I have enjoyed plenty of this delicious raw ice cream in the past year. It is the simplest recipe EVER too - freeze bananas. Defrost slightly. Process in food processor until smooth and ice-creamy. Eat. :-) That's it. To this one I added some raisins and some grated cacao butter and it was soooooo good.
Last year when my grandparents were staying with me, I gave some banana ice-cream to my Grandad. Now, I love my grandad very very dearly, he is absolutely awesome but his diet is not exactly great. He would eat meat three times a day if he could. He still (until just about a few months ago) used things like lard and suet in his cooking. Anyway, I gave him a spoonful and he, in all honesty, said "well if raw vegans eat this all the time, then I could be one." Seriously! That's how good it is!
Hope you enjoyed, and I'll see you tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home