Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Sad Lack of Yummy Pics and No Secrets to Share
Yes, sorry about that - my camera seems to have died, something I'm very unhappy about indeed. I thought it was just having issues due to some problems with our rechargeable batteries but nothing (not even my awesome Dad!) seems able to fix it. I don't know what I'm going to do, so pics of food might be few and far between, when I can manage to get my hands on Mum and Dad's camera. But faaar worse things could happen to me, eg I could have been born an egg-laying hen, or in a poor village in Bangladesh or a zillion other things, so I won't complain! :-)



Anyway, here is a picture I took AGES ago and never posted (well, I think I never posted it - if you've seen this before, I guess I'm wrong!) I call it 'Smooth as Satin' green smoothie. I do NOT call it 'Smooth as Silk' green smoothie because, in my opinion, silk is equal to leather in the cruelty stakes. Just cos silk worms are smaller than cows, doesn't mean they aren't living beings with an intrinsic right to continue living, instead of being steamed/gassed/boiled alive to obtain their silk.
Sorry for that little rant, now let me tell you more about the smoothie - it is silverbeet, wheatgrass, banana and pear and woweee is it delicious!I am eating a LOT of this basic smoothie at the moment, because bananas and pears are pretty much the only availble green smoothie fruits. I'm not complaining though, they're delicious. At this very moment I'm drinking a gs of spinach, parsley, banana and pear and it is SO DARN GOOD! I can't get enough parsley at the moment - I've never had flat leaf before but I bought a big bunch at the organic farmers market last week and I am totally LOVING it. YUM!

As you may be able to tell from all the capital letters I'm using, I feel AWESOME today. I don't know why but I'm even higher on life than usual! YAY!



On to some other things... my Mum found this little guy (or girl) just outside our back door the other day and it was sitting so still we both stared for ages trying to decide if it was a statue left behind by the previous owners of our new house. But eventually we saw its throat pulsing away with each little breath and realised that it was, indeed, real. I became concerned when it stayed put for three days straight but then one morning it was gone - we do have a creek just on the other side of our back fence so hopefully that's where it went. Maybe it was just waiting until the plumbers and their digging machine got out of our backyard... ahh, the joys of moving into 'new-old' (ie new to us, but built over 50 years ago) houses - I'm just glad I'm still the kid and my parents have to deal with (and pay for!) this stuff. Long (and gross) story short, in the 2 years this house sat empty, a pencil willow decided to investigate the piping with its roots, resulting in NOTHING being able to go down ANY of the drains in the house, as well as some rather unpleasant things coming up. So glad it is all fixed after 5 rather uncomfortable days!



On to the second part of this post - Heidi from the awesome blog Raw Food, Right Now has declared this 'Share Your Secrets' week. I really want to share some secrets, in fact I've been racking my brain for something to share, but what? What is there you don't know about me? I mean, you don't know that my favourite colour is purple and that's what I'm currently painting my room, or that my parents have been married for 23 years this OCtober, but these aren't exactly deep dark secrets! So instead, I'm opening it up to you - is there something you want to know? Pretened this is truth or dare but without the dare - ask me anything! I get to choose whether or not I'll answer you, obviously, but I'll try to answer anything. Meanwhile, if you have some secrets, why not share them. Go on, I dare you! :-)

Oh and there's one more thing - a lot of people with blogs are publishing cookbooks, cookzines, cooking e-zines etc. Basically, I'm a strapped-for-cash student looking to make some money - if I wrote a mini e-book mainly full of scrummy raw recipes and with a bit of stuff about my experiences with raw, would you buy it? Just looking to see whether it would be worth it or not, basically. All feedback welcomed!
Thanks and have an fantabulously amazing day!!

10 Comments:

At 5:01 am, Blogger erica said...

I would buy your book, Freedom, if not for the recipes, just to help you with cash.

I've pretty much spewed all my secrets on the internet already, anything left is either poo related (you know how we raw foodies love to talk about our colons :D ) or too incriminating to publish.

I am curious, are you still 100% raw? How long has it been now? I slipped off the wagon for awhile but now am back up to only one cooked item per day (unless I'm at a social function).

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Oh Erica that's so sweet, thankyou! If I do the book, you'll be (one of) the first to know! Oh yes, colon chatting is always fun :-D I actually just celebrated my 1 year, 100% raw birthday last weekend, yay! That's great you're eating high raw again, isn't it awesome?!
Hugs, Freedom

 
At 1:04 am, Blogger Urban Cyclist said...

I haven't been reading your blog for very long, so this might be redundant:

How do your parents feel about you being raw?

 
At 9:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Freedom, I wrote on your blog ages ago that you'd inspired my hubby and I to go raw - we didn't go right away but sat on the vegan/raw border for a few months. We'll we've just returned from a raw food cooking weekend with Karen, and we're 100% raw (uncooking dinner right now actually) after the weekend and not looking back. Look forward to meeting you at the next perth meet up!

 
At 11:09 am, Blogger bazu said...

I'd buy your zine, Freedom! I'm a poor student too, but I love collecting the writing/food talents of my blogging friends.

Here's my question for you, since I'm food obsessed: what are your biggest food cravings? What "naughty" food is your downfall?

 
At 1:35 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Kate that is fabulous! I'm so happy to hear you're loving raw and enjoe tweekend with Karen (isn't she awesome??) The next Perth meetup is Sunday 29th July in Hyde Park, if you can mae it! Can't wait to meet you!

Awesome Bazu, I think I'll start putting it together veeeery soon so I'll let evyone know when it's done. I"m going to do a post in a few days to answer all the questions I get, so you can have a response then - thanks for asking!

 
At 6:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
ive been reading your blog for a while now and always loved your recipes...
i always felt like i could relate to you because i was anorexic for years and am just starting to feel better (mentally) since the last 6 months (up 25 lbs yay...used to be 80lbs at 5'8...)
i am vegan and although i dont eat all raw, i still eat raw as much as possible...
one day i decided to go 100% raw... the reason why i stopped eating raw wasnt because i didnt like it or didnt feel good but because part of my recovery was recognizing where i had lied to myself... i then realized that i had only become raw as a way to (subconsciously) be able to refuse more food and/or control yet another aspect of my life (or try to...)
Is that how you became raw?
Now, i would like to be more raw (at least 75%) but im scared that i would be doing it for the wrong reasons again... any suggestions???
ps - i would TOTALLY buy your book/ebook... (as long as its available in Canada!)

 
At 1:11 am, Blogger erica said...

I realised last night I am also curious about your experience with the "raw high", if you have/had it, and also if you feel connected to the universe/get messages from it, as they say happens when you're 100%?

 
At 10:19 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Another sale here Freedom,i'd love to buy your book.

 
At 5:09 am, Blogger mabel said...

How do you deal eating no chocolate????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home