Tuesday, July 10, 2007

We Moved!
Okay, I know I did another disappearing act there - sorry abou that, but I was very busy... moving house!! Yay! For the past year and a half my parents and I have been living in a rented property but my parents have now bought a house and I like it a lot. While we were moving the internet was disconnected for a little while - when I got back on I had 215 e-mails in my inbox!! WOW!
To make the move a bit more stressful, I was doing my first week of 'Vacation Farm Experience,' a compulsory (and pretty self-explanatory, lol) part of my vet course. This involves spending time on a variety of farms, the first of which was a stables where they train horses for pacing (where they run with the guy in the little cart behind them). I hated it. I knew I would and I did. I do not agree with horse racing one little bit on a moral ground (as I'm sure most other vegans understand) and I saw some horrible things. I think it's likely to get a lot worse when I head off for a week at a (semi-free range) piggery though... yuck. Trust me, I've tried to get out of this. It is not possible - to complete the course to become a vet (In order to stop animals suffering) I have to spend a total of 5 weeks at farms where animals continually suffer. Oh yeah, makes so much sense. But on to better things...



Here is my little (or perhaps not so little anymore!!) Ruhsa baby - as you can see, she loves my rebounder! But this was at the old house, and it is outaide now so she (a strict indoor kitty) doesn't get to lay on it anymore. She used to sit and watch me on it, totally fascinated by how it moved up and down! So cute!!



This is a version of my Cirrus Salad, the recipe for which you can find at my recipe's page (link in sidebar) but it is a slight variation - to make the recipe as written, you need to do so in a small window of time in Autumn when apples have just come in season and cucumbers are just going out. Well, you do if you eat local and organic like me. But now that cucumber is out of season I'm using zucchini (courgette) instead, and it is equally yummy but surprisingly different. Yum!



Lastly, here is the lasagne I mentioned in my last post. Oooh, it looks so scrumptious! You get two piccies!



Have a superbly stunning day everyone!

5 Comments:

At 1:55 am, Blogger erica said...

Your cat is a cunning master of camoflage!

The lasagne looks delicious, did you use sundried tomatos in the sauce, or just fresh?

 
At 4:15 am, Blogger Cherry said...

Don't feel bad about not bloging- you were busy! That lasagne looks delicious. Do you have the recipe?

 
At 11:03 pm, Blogger Jody from VegChic said...

Glad to see you are back. It must be nice to be moved into your house with your family.

The lasagna and salad look great as usual.

Hmmm, the farm course sounds frustrating. You must actually being seeing some of the animals to help them as part of the course. Maybe if you look at it that way, it is a little less disheartening. At least it is only 5 weeks.

 
At 1:38 pm, Blogger Jennie said...

Hi Freedom. There is no doubt in my mind that you will change the thought patterns of someone at the piggery. If you can convert just one person....

I'm so glad you likeyour new house.

Awesome photos. I haven't done a raw lasagne yet... but I will!!!

Thanks for posting Freedom. The wait was worth it.

xoxoxo

 
At 10:41 am, Blogger Sheree' said...

I guess Happy Homecoming is in order. I am happy your like the new place, although moving in itself sucks!

The lasagna looks good. What did you put in it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home