Saturday, July 22, 2006

A quick post
This has to be quick because I have a very busy day ahead. I am going to make some of Juliano's Real Toast and Cheeseburgers this morning (quite large quantites, to store for future dinners - one of the beauties of dehydrated food). Then this afternoon I'm going to be making some cookies of my own invention and when this batch are done I'll remember to take a picture so I can post the recipe on my other blog!

The final thing I'm going to be making is in preparation for a very exciting day tomorrow... I'm going to a raw food picnic!! :-) Isn't that exciting? I've decided to go all out and make a Kumquat and Nutmeg Cheezecake, the recipe for which can be found here (scroll right down to the bottom of the page). While you're at this website I highly recommend reading Shazzie's journals - she is a huge raw food 'guru' and they make for great reading if you're thinking about going raw (or even if you're not). I'm going to make the base of the cake this afternoon, freeze it overnight and then do the filling in the morning. I'm excited about making it!



Now, I'd better give you some food to look at otherwise you'll not be very happy with me! The picture isn't awesome but the salad is! I got the recipe from rawpleasure.com, my fave website at the moment, and it is just something another forum poster put together and kindly shared:

finely shredded cabbage
finely shredded celery
" " red onion
" " cucumber
fresh grated coconut
corn scraped fresh from the cob
finely shredded carrot

dressing
juice of 2 small oranges or one large
2 fresh dates that have been soaked for a while in pure water(drained and pitted)
handful of kale
clove of garlic
1/2 bunch of coriander

blend until smooth

pour over salad mix and stir through,this is so delicious.

I only made half the dressing and it was plenty and I also added sprouted chickpeas and sunflower seeds. Oh and since I HATE coriander, I used parsley instead. It was truly divine.
Have a good day everyone!

2 Comments:

At 3:58 am, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Have a great time at the picnic!!!

 
At 9:24 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Thanks Kleo - there will be a full write-up post with pics soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home