Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Tuesday's FLOG



Well, this is going to be short and sweet. This is what I ate (and drank!) yesterday:

Breakfast - About 350ml of green smoothie with silverbeet, dill, banana, peach, water and young coconut water. Two apples and a chunk of pineapple.
Lunch - 2 apples. Two 'burritos' (see picture above and details below)
Snack - 1 kiwifruit, 1 mandarin, 2 apples
Dinner - Walnut Burger (from Shazzie's Detox Your World) with Real Toast and Mayo #2 (both from Juliano's RAW), and some lettuce and tomato.
After dinner - juice of two oranges mixed with some young coconut water

Now, about lunch. First of all IT WAS YUMMY! I don't really know what a burrito is but I think it is beans mixed with other things and rolled up in something and eaten very messily. I achieved all those things, so I'll call it a burrito! :-)
This is how I made it - the wrapper bit was two leaves of savoy cabbage (I got sooo excited when I found organic savoy last week, I've never had it before and it is yummy as!) Inside was a mixture of:
chopped tomatoes
grated carrot
avocado
sprouted green lentils and mung beans
I was going to include spring onion and corn but didn't have enough corn and forgot about the onion. I will definately be making it again though, :-), so I can add them next time.
Well, that's it! Have a great day!

3 Comments:

At 1:58 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

You don't know what a burrito is? It's a type of dish from Mexico. Basically, you roll up some foodstuffs (mainly like ground beef or refried pinto beans) in a flour (or maybe corn) tortilla. Yay food lesson!

 
At 3:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those burittos are beautiful!

 
At 5:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Those burritos look yummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home