Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Freaky Fruit and Other Things



When shopping at the markets on Friday I saw this banana and I HAD to buy it. I wasn't planning to get bananas, but how could I not, really? I bought it home and showed mum, I was soooo excited, and she just said "oh yeah. I've seen some like that before." Let down! But I didn't really care, I was still impressed. I hope you are too. :-)



This is something I made up for lunch on Saturday, I will post the recipe on my other blog soon, it is a corn blended salad/dip and it was really simple and yummy. Perhaps not the most photogenic thing in the world...



Dinner saturday night was Onion Bahjis with Mango Chutney from Shazzie's 'Detox Your World.' Beside the onion bahji recipe she wrote "serve this with cauliflower florets and mango chutney for a taste sensation." I figured it sounded Indian so I thought I'd make some pumpkin 'pasta' with my veggie spiraliser, and top with cauliflower, onion bahjis and mango chutney. But I forgot to buy cauliflower so I used broccoli instead... it was AMAZING! DELICIOUS! TOTAL TASTE SENSATION! Honestly, if you have what you need, try these recipes right now. My dad tried some and he thought it was good too (this is mr omni, keep in mind!)

7 Comments:

At 1:11 pm, Blogger aTxVegn said...

Your dinner looks and sounds so great!

I came across a similar banana here at a local market. We dubbed it "siamese twin banana."

 
At 2:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! You're so talented at cooking lol - I found your blog on google. I'm 18/f/Canada and became raw in summer '05. It's good to know I'm not the only teen interested in raw food and healthy living! I gotta get me one of those spiral slicers... sqaush pasta with fresh raw tomato sauce!! Mmm...

Drop me a line sometime if you want to talk raw or anything, my e-mail's pink_christmas11@hotmail.com

Have a spiffy day! :D

 
At 5:31 pm, Blogger Kris said...

That banana is crazy looking. My husband has this whole comedy routine he does with a banana, I think that one would drive him over the top!

 
At 1:14 pm, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

that raw picnic is georgous! & funky banana.

 
At 4:03 pm, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wow, what a cool banana! All the food looks very good - you make raw seem so fantastic!!

 
At 4:44 am, Blogger bazu said...

Your banana *did* impress me! I'm always attracted to the poor weird-looking produce, and I would have grabbed that banana too!
This summer, our garden produced a lot of "freak" tomatoes that looked like siamese twins, or two balls fused together, etc. good fun!
I love your blog by the way. I want a spiralizer!

 
At 1:34 am, Blogger Gulshan said...

Handshake is a free digital business card and contact manager app that allows you to manage your contacts, manage your business cards, and grow your network.
Smart digital business card

 

Post a Comment

<< Home