Thursday, October 19, 2006



IT'S MY BIRTHDAY
I'm 18 today! Yay! I have had a wonderful day - my presents from my parents were an avocado slicer, nut cracker, stainless steel citrus juicer, GORGEOUS necklace, worm farm (yay - no more throwing away loads of food scraps!) and... Juliano's RAW: The UNCookBook (if you've been reading my blog for a while you will know I LOVE this book). A very wonderful lot of presents.
But these were not my main presents. As you may know, I moved across the country with my parents at the beginning of this year to study at university, leaving behind all my family and friends. Last weekend, my parents flew one of my best friends over from Adelaide (where we used to live) so I could see her for my birthday. It was a huge, wonderful surprise and we had a wonderful weekend catching up together. In addition to this I threw a spontaneous raw birthday party on Saturday and that is what you see above - a salsa, a guacamole and dessert of Strawberry Romanoff (from Juliano's book). Here is a close up of the salsa:



I kinda made both this and the guac up as I went and they were delish! My best friend Alycia and my Dad loved everything (my mum couldn't eat any of it, sadly, because of her terrible food allergies).
I must rush off but I'll post again soon!

7 Comments:

At 3:40 am, Blogger Jennifer C. said...

Happy Birthday Freedom! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. And what a great bunch of food you prepared. I have Juliano's book, so I am going to look up the Strawberry Romanoff recipe...sounds yummy!

 
At 6:07 am, Blogger Nicki Baker said...

have a great birthday! glad you were able to see your friend - I know how you feel. I'm in AZ, and all my friends are in NC.

 
At 7:20 am, Blogger urban vegan said...

Happy, happy b'day!

 
At 6:07 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Thanks Jen, you're so lucky to have Juliano's book - I'm SOOOO excited to finally have it. I definately recommend trying the romanoff, it is so good! My Dad, the omnivore, loved it.

Nicki, I've got no idea where AZ and NC are ;-) but thanks for the bday wishes!

Thanks UV!

 
At 4:32 am, Blogger Jen said...

Happy (belated now) Birthday! Looks like you're having fun with your spiralizer (it's one of my favorite uncooking tools, too).

 
At 6:30 am, Blogger Virginie said...

Happy birthday ! I've just discovered your nice blog thanks to The Urban Vegan. I'll come back.

 
At 3:16 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160630
abercrombie outlet
oakley outlet
gucci outlet
nike free uk
oakley outlet
nike air force 1 white
adidas running shoes
designer handbags
christian louboutin sale clearance
oakley outlet
oakley sunglasses outlet
ray ban sunglasses uk
toms shoes
jordan 3s
louis vuitton outlet
oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton handbags
fit flops
jordan 6s
louboutin femme
louis vuitton outlet
coach outlet
kids lebron shoes
adidas nmd
kobe shoes
adidas running shoes
kate spade outlet
coach outlet
jordan retro 4
christian louboutin sale
burberry handbags
michael kors outlet
nike air max 90
christian louboutin shoes
burberry outlet
lebron 12
michael kors purses
abercrombie and fitch
hollister clothing store

 

Post a Comment

<< Home