Sunday, October 15, 2006

So many salads, so little time!



Hello everyone, sorry it's been such a long time. I'm officially returning to regular blogging as of now! Thankyou soooo much to everyone who left comments after my last post about the tragic passing of my beautiful girl Spirit, I truly appreciate them in all my heart.

Now, onto food! A lot of my recent posts have featured photos of salads. All in the same bowl. Basically, all pretty similar looking. I'm really quite sorry about that, because I'm sure without being able to taste the huge variety of flavour explosions present in these many different salads, they all seem the same and boring. Let me tell you, they're not. When I was just a vegan, I didn't really like salads. That was because I, like most people, had never had a really good salad. I can't define the word salad for you, I don't even think I can narrow down what a good salad is, beyond DELICIOUS!! But anyway, enough raving. The first salad you see pictured above is Pretty Papaya from Shazzie's Detox Delights. I wanted to make this salad for AGES and couldn't get all the ingredients - I finally found organic rocket (I think this is also called arugula) and then gave up and bought conventional chives. Now, after all that salad raving, this wasn't a REALLY delicious salad. It was very nice and I will make it again but no rocket thank you! Next time I will use baby spinach instead. As Shazzie says in the book "sweet fruits like papaya (paw paw) are such a nice surprise in a salad" and she is quite right, plus it went really well with carrot and the chives were a scrummy addition. I've heard that rocket is an acquired taste, and I have to agree!



Here we have another Shazzie recipe, this one from Detox Your World, simply called The Greatest Salad in the World (I love the names she gives her dishes!) Now, I wouldn't say it was the best salad in the world but only because that is really unfair to all the other salads. As I said, there is so much diversity and it is so hard to even specifically define what a salad is, that you really can't go around comparing them this way. But suffice to say this was a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY yummy salad. I ate it for lunch on Tuesday and was sorely tempted to make it again and take it with me to uni on Wednesday but I resisted, simply because there are so many other salads out there to try!
Have a great day everyone and thanks for stopping by!

2 Comments:

At 11:32 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Hi Freedom,
I don't find the salad pictures boring at all... I eat lots of salads, too, and love getting ideas for new twists on the old standard recipes. Adding sweet fruits is a great way to make a salad more tasty and filling :) Do you use any oils in your dressings, or just fruit juice?

 
At 8:43 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

"we are one of the best medicians manufacture if you want any help contact us please. Generic Vemlidy
Vemlidy generic
Vemlidy 25mg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home