Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Raw Picnic 3
Oh my, I just realised that I went to my third raw picnic over a week ago and I still haven't blogged about it! This has to be very quick, so here is the dish I made:



It is a carrot cake, adapted from this recipe and it was VERY well received (none came home with me, that's for sure!)



This shows everything that was there - unfortunately a whole lot of people who planned to come all pulled out at the last minute due to other commitments so we only had four in attendance. Rachan and his (non-raw) girlfriend Rommie bought Kim Chee which is apparently the national dish of Korea. It is fermented chinese cabbage and spring onions, basically, and Rachan made a spicy and a non-spicy version. I ate copious amounts of the non-spicy version, which was delish with the truly raw almond butter Joss bought. Although, it was REALLY salty and I was very thirsty afterwards! :-) Unusual, because I don't normally eat salt. In addition to the almond butter, Joss bought some Exotica Mix (its kinda like trail mix, just goji berries, cacao nibs and raw cashews) and mini red capsicums stuffed with almond hummus. Oh and some slices of tamarillo. Okay, must go. Have a great night!

8 Comments:

At 11:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am raw curious. This spread looks delicious and nutritious. Admirable that you are so health-conscious at such a young age.

 
At 10:04 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Hey UV, if you have any raw-related questions don't hesitate to ask! I feel very fortunate that I have found this wonderful way of life at this age!

 
At 8:39 am, Blogger Mary said...

Yummy for desserts! I definately had fun going raw and have started incorporating more raw foods into my diet. I've noticed though that alot of raw food recipes require insane amounts of nuts. What are some good, simple, non dehydrated recipes that you know of (if any) that don't require any nuts or very little?

 
At 1:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your cake!

 
At 6:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, I am wanting to meet other people in Perth who are also raw. I have been reading the Raw Pleaseure site but even though I have signed up I don't know how to post. How do I get on the WARN list so I can meet you guys? Janice

 
At 7:12 pm, Blogger Newby said...

Newby here- First of all I just want to take a second to thank you for sharing yourself and your pets with us, you are a true treasure. I am completely new to the raw vegan way of life and have SO MANY questions! I was curious about how you approach cooked recipes like the ones on the fat free vegan site you list. I worry about everything that I cook now. I can't help but think about all the nutrition I am killing. What are your sugestions on dealing with cooked foods?

 
At 11:56 am, Blogger Syifa Zahra said...

thanks obat asam urat di apotik obat rambut rontok di apotik

 
At 4:40 pm, Blogger samali said...

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your website accidentally, and I’m stunned why this coincidence didn’t came about earlier! I bookmarked it.
organic mixed dried fruit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home