Saturday, November 18, 2006

Fridays FLOG and I'M ON HOLIDAYS!



Yes, well, the title kinda says it all doesn't it? Lol :-) I am on holidays for the next 3 months!!! Personally, I think that's over-doing it a bit. I mean, uni is easy compared to what my last year of high school was and I haven't had to be on campus that much, although I have gotten in about 6 or more hours of study every day (well, less on weekends). Does that sound like a lot? I never feel like I'm doing enough but then people are shocked when they hear I do that much. Anyway, I can't see that 3 months holiday is necessary but that's what I get, so I'm going to make the most of it! Here is what I ate yesterday, the day of my very last exam:

Breakfast - Green smoothie with peach, banana, spinach, young coco water, water. 2 pears and an apple.
Lunch - An apple. 2 bananas, some seeded raisins and a medjool date wrapped in savoy cabbage leaves. The picture above shows when I had this a few weeks ago, with pineapple added too. It might sound weird but you should really try combining fruit with green leafy veggies, it's great!
Snack - 1 kiwi fruit, 1 peach, 1 mandarin, 2 apples.
Dinner - RAW PIZZA! YUM!! (What better way to celebrate the end of my first year of uni? :-)
After dinner - Juice of two smallish oranges mixed with young coco water.

Onto a different topic - from reading this blog it may seem like my life revolves around food. I'll admit, food is a HUGE part of my life because I believe that veganism (raw or otherwise) is a lifestyle and not just a diet. I love changing the world and I know that my eating habits are good for me, good for the animals that don't get slaughtered, good for the environment (and therefore good for animals that don't die due to habitat loss, etc) and also good for the people who I inspire to eat less meat and more delicious healthy food by setting a good example. Oh and my parents - eg my dad has lost 18kg since the beginning of the year when I started cooking for him and his meat/refined product consumption went way down (he did start doing more regular exercise too, but the diet was a big part of it).
Sorry, back to the point. My life is not 100% about food - I am a passionate animal lover (maybe why I'm studying a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, lol!) and a dedicated animal rights activist. And I always include humans as animals (no speciesism here!) so I'm a human rights activist too. Anyway, every post I do this summer I'm going to give you a link to something animal or human rights related, hopefully with some kind of action you can take. To start things off, click here to read about the horrors of dog culls currently taking place across China and find out who you can write to. Animals Asia is an amazing charity that I support a lot - one way is through the 'Befriend a Bear' program. They do lots of great work - check out the whole site while you're there!

Hope everyone has a rawsome day!



Oh and motivated by Kris at Squirrels Vegan Kitchen, I thought I'd share a photo of my most beautiful girl, Asante Sana (called Sana for short. Her name means 'thankyou' in Swahili and she was rescued from the RSPCA when I did work experience there a couple of years ago. We on't know how old she is, other than OLD! I'll share more about her in future posts).

6 Comments:

At 3:49 am, Blogger bazu said...

I loved this post. I definitely can't wait to read about animal and human rights causes (my passions too) and I hope you have fun over your holidays!

And I don't think it sounds weird, I *love* mixing fruit and veggies, or fruit with any savory thing. It's apple season hear in New York, and I pretty much am chopping apples into everything I eat- sweet or not!

 
At 10:08 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post. love the photos.

 
At 10:19 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Thanks Bazu, I'm planning on having very enjoyable holidays.

I'm glad you don't find my fruit and veggie mixing werid - although fruit with veggies other than green leaves is pretty bad food combining. I looove apples - sometimes I'll eat 5 or 6 a day!

Thanks Johanna!

 
At 4:43 pm, Blogger Android Mobile App Development said...

ha ha ha The Raw vegan Princess NYC one. We are one of the most trusted Android Mobile App Development and IOS application development to meet your business complex requirement through the offshore world.
Do you have the project and want to discuss with us?
We can assist you in Web Application Development, Mobile App development, Games Development & Emerging Technology.

 
At 4:19 am, Anonymous Kavya Sharma said...

WOW Thanks for sharing about Android Mobile App Development I learned new information from your article, i want to share some intresting things like.Seo Company in Bhopal
and web development bhopal please visit.

 
At 7:57 pm, Anonymous Shared Web Hosting said...

Hi Wow what a article i really enjoyed reading this i will come again to read, And you are looking for Hosting Services in india Please visit us We are Best Hosting Service Provider Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home