Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Travelling Back in Time

Okay, since I've been so slack lately, I have LOADS of yummy food to share with you all. First of all is a green dip... I made it up as I went along (with inspiration from here) and I think it contained

chinese cabbage
baby spinach
dulse flakes
avocado
lemon juice
onion
garlic
young coconut water



It was really divine and a great way to cram in lots of greens :-) I ate it with carrot sticks, sweet potato 'chips' and a couple of my delicous flax crackers (go back a couple of posts for the recipe).



This is what I had for lunch on saturday... in Detox Delights (Shazzie's book) there is a section called, simple, Side Dishes and a comment from Shazzie saying "... or you can combine two or three to make a delicious main meal" so that was just what I did. Here we have Crunchy, Nibbly and Avomato containing respectively celery, apple and grape tomatoes,corn and sunflower sprouts (the recipe calls for olive oil but... yuck!) and avocado and tomato. Don't you love the names? So cute :-)



STill loving soup, here is Saturday night's dinner - NRG Soup (another Juliano). I have to say I didn't love it at first but it quickly grew on me and was very tasty.


Next up is just a juice I invented which was really tasty - one large orange, a chunk of pineapple and a rib of celery. Push through a juicer, stir till its lovely and green then enjoy!



Last of all is a bowl of cereal... not all that exciting but I thought I'd share. I'm going to post the recipe on my other blog later, so check it out!

Have a rawsome day everyone! Oh, and for the wonderful Mary, who is embarking on a raw journey (and anyone else) here are a couple of links to great places for raw people: Shazzie's Site (has some recipes from her books),
Michelle's Site (LOTS of recipes)

7 Comments:

At 11:51 am, Blogger Theresa said...

I'm a vegan in Townsville, QLD, and I found your blog through the Urban Vegan. Those pictures look great!

 
At 12:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that green dip intrigues me. did it really taste good? I guess you just put it all together and wizzed it inthe food processor?

 
At 9:38 am, Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for the links! I will check them out when I get the chance. I'll have to look more at your entry when I have a chance but for now gotta run!

 
At 10:19 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Yes Kleo, raw is opening my mind to amazing new combinations, tastes and textures. The juice was yummy as! Oh yes, the dip is a stunning colour. I am loving my greens at the moment.

Theresa, it's so cool to hear from another Aussie, I feel like there are so few of us in blog land!

Yep Megan, all in my wonderful $5 food processor. And yes, it tasted amazing!

Hi Mary, that's okay, I hope you find them helpful. I'm always in a rush too :-)

 
At 11:53 pm, Blogger Mary said...

I'm still waiting for my Vitamix! Once I get it, I plan on making loads of green smoothies. Have any suggestions until I get it? I like most raw veggies, just don't know what to do with them (besides eating them raw of course)!

 
At 12:37 pm, Blogger John said...

cheap jordan shoes
cheap jordans
soccer shoes
adidas store
rockies jerseys
david yurman jewelry
ed hardy outlet
air jordan 4
cheap air max
moncler pas cher
yolo

 
At 12:20 pm, Blogger yanmaneee said...

nike air max 270
kobe byrant shoes
adidas ultra
yeezy
michael kors purses
golden goose outlet
balenciaga shoes
yeezy boost 350
stephen curry shoes
vapormax

 

Post a Comment

<< Home