Friday, September 15, 2006

Harmonias Midweek Munchies Meme
A Veg*n Meme

What wonderful foods did you bring home from the grocery store?

Midweek Munchies: What Freedom is contributing for the week



Hi there, it's been a while since I contributed my Midweek (aka End-of-Week) Munchies list. Mostly because I've been too busy but also because I've kind of been getting food all over the place - when you eat 8 pieces of fruit a day, it's a bit hard to buy a week's worth all at once! So here is what I bought today, anyway - as I'm eating more fresh fruit and veggies and less nuts and dried fruit, my price tag for munchies is going down, yay!

*almonds*
*apples (pink lady)*
*bananas
capsicum (red)
cashews
corn
cucumber
dried figs
*flax seeds*
grape tomatoes (I think they were organic, but not sure)
*kiwi fruit* (mmm, so good at the moment!)
*mandarins*
*oranges*
*pears*
*pecans*
sunflower sprouts (maybe organic?)

I'll be getting more tomorrow... that list looks short but I'll probably get:

apples
avocado
carrots
celery
garlic
kale
lettuce
onion
tomatoes

Have a wonderful end-of-week everyone!!
And thanks to all the people who commented two posts ago - I had a tota; of 14 comments, my most ever, and I was VERY excited!

Links to other Midweek Munchies
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)

Click here for the Midweek Munchies code
Click here for Harmonia's blog

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!
Technorati Tag:

A special thanks to Running2Ks and Rift for all of their help with coding, graphics, and encouragement for this project.

PURPOSE of Midweek Munchies: Put together by a small group of Veg Women, we hope to spread the word about healthy vegetarianism while obtaining idea starters for meals, recipes, learn about new products, and meet other female veg*n bloggers. Visiting and commenting on other participants lists are encouraged but not required. Have fun and Go Veg!

4 Comments:

At 11:12 pm, Blogger Harmonia said...

Fruit, Fruit, glorious fruit! Great list! I am in need of produce in a BAD way! It's a must this weekend! :)

 
At 7:17 am, Blogger Mary said...

I've decided to try being as much raw as I can be for a week! I will need your help. What are some simple, easy recipes? Particularly salad dressing because I really like salads. I'm not a fan of avocados, so anything without them is good.

 
At 11:58 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Harmonia, you are so right! I LOOOOOVE fruit! I couldn't live without it.

Mary, that's awesome (RAWsome!) To start off, go to my raw recipe blog using the link on the sidebar of my regular blog... that will start you off. I'll put some links in my next post just for you! Good luck and may you have a wonderful week.

 
At 8:01 am, Blogger Mary said...

I saw some really yummy recipes on your recipe page. Thanks! I realized that I just randomly started talking to you lol. I think I found you through EatPeacePlease or someone through her. Don't really remember! I'm going to post later tonight the food I'm going to go buy at our farmer's market and how I feel today. Talk to you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home