Saturday, August 26, 2006

Harmonias Midweek Munchies Meme
A Veg*n Meme

What wonderful foods did you bring home from the grocery store?

Midweek Munchies: What Freedom is contributing for the week



WOW Munchies were expensive last week. I totally over-spent on the budget mum gives me for food, but I'm trying to rationalise it because I bought a few things that will last for a while, like macadamias, ground flax and spelt. But still, very costly. Probably something to do with all the $$ signs (they're for organic!)Sorry it's taken me so long to post this, I'm so behind. I've got some yummy food pics but you'll have to wait!

$almonds$
$apples (fuji, sundowner, lady william, pink lady)$
avocado
$avocado$
$bananas$
basil
$buckwheat$
$carrots$
coconut
corn
$currants$
$dried figs$
dukkah spice blend
$garlic$
ground flax seeds
$kiwi fruit$
$macadamias$
$mushroom$
$onion$
oranges
$oranges$
$paw paw$
$pears$
$pecans$
$raisins$
$spelt grains$
spring onions
strawberries
$sultanas$
sun dried tomatoes
$sun-glazed figs$
$tomatoes$

I feel like I've missed something...not sure what. This is what happens when you buy so much!

Links to other Midweek Munchies
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)

Click here for the Midweek Munchies code
Click here for Harmonia's blog

Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!
Technorati Tag:

A special thanks to Running2Ks and Rift for all of their help with coding, graphics, and encouragement for this project.

PURPOSE of Midweek Munchies: Put together by a small group of Veg Women, we hope to spread the word about healthy vegetarianism while obtaining idea starters for meals, recipes, learn about new products, and meet other female veg*n bloggers. Visiting and commenting on other participants lists are encouraged but not required. Have fun and Go Veg!

5 Comments:

At 6:29 am, Blogger Nicki Baker said...

most of your groceries sound yummy, except maybe for the almonds and tomatoes lol. (I'm allergic to almonds, and I can't eat tomatoes). Just checking in to see what you eat since you're a raw vegan. I'm vegetarian, but I love to read blogs of others who are vegetarian and vegan.

 
At 7:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Raw vegan... wow! Your food looks lovely and very yummy!

 
At 9:23 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Nicki, I don't know how I could do without tomatoes! You poor thing! I like almonds but could live without them... not tomatoes though! Good on you for being a veggie, the more the better. Have you ever thought of going vegan? Hopefully my blog can show you it's easy and yum! Thanks for dropping by!

raising kahne, I loooove avocados too but until recently I wouldn't let myself eat them (if you've read any back posts, you'll have seen that I'm overcoming an eating disorder, and I considered them way too high fat).

Zuke, thankyou for visiting mine, lol! I love saying I'm a raw vegan, people are so shocked. Good on you for joining the ranks of vegans!

 
At 1:24 pm, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Good stuff, freedom!! Go get 'em, rawgirl.

 
At 10:32 am, Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0607
air more uptempo
louboutin shoes
dolce and gabbana
true religion outlet
michael kors outlet
michael kors
air huarache
nike store
coach outlet
nike store

 

Post a Comment

<< Home