Thursday, August 31, 2006

FOOD!
Mmmm, here are some yummy food pics from the past few days. Sorry I don't have time to post much else.



This was my breakfast on Saturday, pancake with jam and cream... delicious? Doesn't look raw vegan, does it? Click here for my recipe (yup, I made this one up, although with a little inspiration found here).



Here is dinner from saturday, which is Juliano's Meatloaf (although I would prefer it to be called UnMeatloaf, or maybe just Walnut Almond Log - who wants to associate their dinner with dead animals?) It was tasty although not quite up to the level of Juliano's other recipes. Maybe because I didn't baste it in his Barbeque Sauce after 2 hours of dehydrating, as suggested? Still good though.



I didn't eat the whole thing - here is what I had, with some Stuffing (another Juliano, very tasty)> The leftovers joined me at uni on Monday for lunch.

This is soup I had for dinner last night (which I have every Wednesday). The recipe will be appearing on my other blog shortly...
It is totally delicious but more than that I think I just love the colour!! Isn't beetroot (beets, for the Americans) just amazing for giving a dish colour?

6 Comments:

At 1:58 pm, Blogger Dori said...

the pancakes amaze me. wow. if you can do that "without cooking" you can do anything.

 
At 6:04 am, Blogger Nicki Baker said...

a lot of those look very good. such pretty flowers in your vase too :)

 
At 9:12 am, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

the pancakes look delicious! and without an oven -- really amazing. pretty plate at the end there - vintage?

 
At 10:41 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Thanks raising_kahne - I'm sure you've come up with some yummy things in your time!

Oh Dori, I'm flattered! I don't think I could sew anything as impressive as what I've seen on your blog lately...

Thanks Nicki, the flowers are left over from a bucnh I bought my mum for her birthday a few weeks ago.

Thanks Vicki, yup, it was done in the dehydrator. And if you mean the bowl with the soup in it... yes it is vintage! I think I might have stolen it from my grandma actually... my mum and I sometimes fight over it but I cook for her now so I get to use it lol!

 
At 11:48 am, Blogger Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

i'd fight over it too, it's georgous -- almost as much as the pancakes!! lol! :o)

 
At 12:31 pm, Blogger KleoPatra said...

JULIANO! He's so great! Nice pancake too, RAW, who'd've thunk? That is some fine-looking food there, my friend Freedom! You've been busy, girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home