Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Another meal catch up, but much shorter!
I have only about 25 minutes until I have to leave for university but I'm going to quickly show everyone two things I've eaten recently. On Tuesdays I finish uni at 10.30am (hardly seems worth spending over an hour travelling for a 50 minute lecture but I just can't bring myself to skip one) so I get to eat lunch at home. This means it can be a tad more elaborate. So anyway, yesterday I had a nori roll for lunch.



When I make sushi once a week for dinner I cut my nori into sushi-sized pieces with scissors, and use just short of two full nori sheets, so I have some left over. This makes for perfect lunch pieces! I stuffed avocado, carrot, finely chopped basil, spring onion and some other things I can't remember into the nori roll and then surrounded it with sprouted chickpeas (YUM), corn sliced from the cob and some more avocado chunks (really nice avocado!)



Second we have some dehydrator cookies that I created which are AMAZING!! Serioualy, these are out of this world. I will be posting the recipe on my recipe blog soon, so check it. For now you can enjoy the picture of them still on the dehydrator tray!
Have a great day everyone!

8 Comments:

At 10:50 am, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Hope your studies are going well. You are so diligent to travel far to learn. Good girl, freedom. Lovely nori and those cookies, WOW! Raw never had it so darn good!!

 
At 12:34 pm, Blogger Dori said...

Interesting nori and the cookies do look really good. :)

 
At 4:15 pm, Blogger Jody from VegChic said...

Good luck at university!

The cookies sure do look yummy. I'm so impressed with your raw cooking (preparation) skills.

 
At 6:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cookies should get you through a good study session!

 
At 11:11 pm, Blogger Harmonia said...

Can you either leave the recipe for the dehydrated cookies on my blog or PM it to me in the Veggin' Out FOrums?

http://harmonia.bloggoing.com

Here is my new link. Hope to see you there soon! My old link will still be active. I am going to keep my blogroll there and use it as a back up but my daily updates will take place at the above location. Spread the word!

 
At 12:26 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Kleo - it isn't really that far... a girl in one of my lab classes today travels about 3 times as far as me!! Although I did move across the country to go to uni...

Thanks Dori!

Jody, it's so hard not to say cooking - I keep saying "oh yeah, I love to cook... oh, I mean UNcook!

Megan - i usually have cookies and fruit for breakfast (when your cookies are so healthy, they're great for any meal!) and it is the best way to start the day!

Harmonia, I will do very soon!

 
At 3:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! New york valhalla tattoo removal Meridia online 1

 
At 1:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home