Tuesday, June 06, 2006


Baked Beets (and other veggies)
Here is my lunch for today - no I didn't nearly spill it everywhere, I just turned the camera sideways. I think it makes it look a bit 'cultured' :-)
This post can't be long as I'm busy studying for my university exams, of which I have five. One is an hour, one is an hour and a half, two are two hours and one is three hours. I'm rather dreading the three hour one...

Anyway, I won't give you a recipe for lunch because there isn't one - basically, chop as much beet as you would like into chunks, wrap in foil (or not) and place in an oven at 200C. After about 10 mins add some chunks of sweet potato (lots of them, if you love it like I do!) and leave for around 35 or 40 mins. Then put some asparagus in with the potato and beets. In a small bowl combine about 1.5 tbsp fresh orange juice with about 1 tsp maple syrup and a splash (eg about 1/4 tsp) of balsamic vinegar and whisk it together. When the asparagus has had about 10 mins in the oven, take all the veggies out and arrange decoratively on a plate (see photo) and spoon dressing over the top. Sprinkle with ground nutmeg, take a fancy photo, and enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

7 Comments:

At 11:36 pm, Blogger primaryconsumer said...

Yum!

 
At 4:54 am, Blogger Harmonia said...

Great presentation! You go girl!

 
At 3:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the look of your recipes, I will have to try them out.

I know very few other vegans here in Perth, so it's nice to hear about one - espcecially one who goes to my uni!

 
At 2:55 am, Blogger kaivegan said...

This comment is being sent to everyone on my bloglist or those that link to me, that I know of:

My blog got hijacked yesterday. (How, I don't know.) Please delete that from your list or you could change it to

http://kaivegan.com

where a new blog is housed.

Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

 
At 7:57 pm, Blogger Freedom said...

Hey Luke, WOW! You're a vegan... in Perth... and you go to Murdoch! That's great. Please do try out my recipes and let me know what you think!

 
At 9:21 pm, Blogger Dori said...

Roasted beets is what I call your baked recipe. It is the best way to serve them!!! The best way to serve a variety of veggies actually. Thanks for the well wished...back at you on your finals too. I just bought an indian cookbook that I am going to begin working on veganizing the recipes. You'll be seeing more of this cuisine on my blog soon.

 
At 1:22 pm, Anonymous Cara Mengobati Paru-Paru Basah said...

thank you very helpful article. allow me to join to share health articles with your article hopefully useful.

Pengobatan Epilepsi Dengan Bahan Alami
Cara Mengobati Rematik
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Trigliserida Tinggi
Pengobatan Berbagai Macam Luka Sampai Tuntas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home