Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sharing the Green Smoothie goodness



Good morning everyone! I didn't have any photos to post today so I just took one of the green smoothie that I am drinking for breakfast as I type this. It is super yummy and contains:

beet greens
rainbow chard
frozen banana
mango
water
young coconut water
mesquite meal

The addition of the mesquite meal takes it out of this world! YUMMMM! Anyway, I have my beautiful ratty Bliss (who is 100% raw since moving in with me!) sitting on me and she was exploring the computer desk. I put my smoothie down to type and what do you know...



she wanted to share! When I've finished my breakfast she always get some green smoothie in her bowl (and always devours it) but this morning she apparently didn't want to wait!! Isn't that totally adorable!??!

Yesterday I came up with the best fruit pudding recipe for lunch but sadly didn't take a picture. But don't worry, I'll definately be making it again so I can do it then, lol :-) This is the recipe - so simple, sooooooo good!

1 medium banana
about 6 little apricots
4 smallish fresh figs (hmm, better make that 3 1/2, I had a bite of each one as I went so it's not really 4 full ones, lol!)

Put it all in a blender or food processor, whizz whizz, and you're done! I served it (as I do with all my fruit puddings) in a savoy cabbage 'bowl.' But you can just serve it in a regular bowl, or just eat straight from the blender if it doesn't make it to the bowl!

Have a great day!

9 Comments:

At 10:39 am, Blogger Candi said...

Aww! Freedom, Bliss is the cutest!!

The drinks sound really good too! :P

Happy New Year to you!!!

 
At 11:17 am, Blogger urban vegan said...

Bliss looks like a little person, standing on 2 legs and trying to sneak a sip of your smoothie.

Happy New Year!

 
At 11:38 am, Blogger Dr. Melissa West said...

That's hilarious! Your smoothie looks yummy. Kudos on your nutritional intake. I wish I was 1/10 as discerning as you are with my food. You put me to shame!

 
At 1:34 pm, Blogger cas said...

Oh, Bliss is too cute!! My boy Miso says her ears are sexy =)

So she's 100% raw? I'm currently owned by 9 ratties - I lost my beloved Squidge this past week :'( - and would *love* to talk rats and raw w/ you! It's something I've wanted to do w/ them - all those carbs *cannot* be a good thing - but have been concerned (aka wimpy) about.

Love your site, and Happy New Year to you and Bliss!

 
At 9:34 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Thanks Candi, happy new year to you too!

That is exactly what I said UV, she looks like a little furry person!

Thankyou melissa, I just do what I want to do - luckily for me, that involves eating food that is amazing for all of me, both tastebuds and all round good health!

Cas, miso is such a sweet name! Wow, 9 ratties your so lucky - I'm really sorry about Squidge. I lost my girl Spirit a few months ago and I was heartbroken, I cried and cried. If you want to talk raw ratties, drop me an e-mail - freedom_the_vegan@yahoo.com.au
I might do a little log of what she eats in a day so you can see. I'm still fiddling, trying to get it right, but she seems healthy and happy.

 
At 1:57 pm, Blogger Harmonia said...

Hello and Happy New Year! I'm back bloggin - same place - http://harmonia.bloggoing.com.

Missed your entries while I was away! Hope all is well!

I can't see your pics, but everything sounds neat! Hope to see you in V.O. again soon!

 
At 2:23 pm, Blogger Jennifer C. said...

Freedom, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some words of encouragement. I have to ask about durian, mentioned in one of your previous posts: Did you like it the first time you tried it? I tried it once and couldn't stomach it, mostly because of the smell. It tasted a bit like avocado, but more perfume-y. Is that what it's supposed to taste like or did I sample a bad one?

 
At 9:50 am, Blogger Freedom said...

Hey Jennifer, I have lots of people asking about durian! It's a really hard thing to get I think - some people say you can't enjoy them until you've been fully raw for a while and have detoxed but I have loved them since my first bite, even though my first one was really not that good at all (think eating around the mouldy spots, literally!)
Other people say you can't truly have a *good* one until you go to Thailand and eat one fresh from the tree. Every durian is different and every person reacts to them differently.

 
At 10:47 am, Blogger cas said...

Thanks for your email, Freedom! I'll more than likely drop you a line this weekend, as I got some not good news on the rattie front today, so I'm an unhappy camper.

Can't wait to move the kids to a raw diet =)

Best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home