Monday, December 11, 2006

More Soup



Hello! As you may remember (I have said it before) I never used to like soup. Like, I really didn't like it. I don't really know why but that was the way it was - since going raw, however, that has all changed. After my recent success with my first recipe from Matt Amsden's RAWvolution, Thick n Thin Sprouted Lentil Chili (see a few posts back) I decided to try another of his soups. He does say soups are his speciality too, so that provided further motivation for me. So On Saturday night I made the Little Green Cream of Celery Soup. The actual recipe contains just five ingredients and since I left out the sea salt, mine had just four! But it was really delicious. I'm very happy with my picture cos it looks just like the one in the book, except for one thing - in the recipe, Matt says 'scoop off and discard any foam which rises to the top' (after blending). I got lots of foam but I thought it was REALLY yummy, so the thought of discarding it was quite abhorrent to me! Therefore, I left it right where it was. I'm glad I did, but I wish I'd taken another photo after I'd eaten it, because the soup is actually green underneath the foam, and looked even more like the picture in the book. Oh well.
Despite having said I really liked it (which I did) I felt kinda funny afterwards. I've had a similar feeling before and I have now decided that A lot of celery all at once just doesn't sit well with me. I think it might be the naturally high sodium content.

Okay I have to work today so this post will have to remain short. Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home