Tuesday, March 28, 2006

A tofu Question
This will have to be quick because I want to go to bed, but I have a question about tofu. Now, I know we vegans are pretty much required to like tofu but I think I may love it more than anyone else in the world. Does anyone else like to eat firm tofu raw, straight out of the tub of water without any seasoning, marinade etc? Or is that just me? I eat lumps of it will I'm cooking and I have slices on my sandwiches like cheese. I just think the texture and flavour are great! Anyone with me?
Have a good night/morning/whatever time it is in your part of the world and I will have a better post tomorrow, I promise.

7 Comments:

At 1:44 am, Blogger Harmonia said...

Hi! I am not a huge fan of tofu! I eat it for nutritional value...I don't hate it but it's not my fave either. I usually like it if someoen else makes it but I haven't had much luck doing it myself. The best way I have done it to my liking is to scramble it with LOTS of spices. Sorry that isn't much help!

Anyhow, I answered your questions on my blog in response to your comments.

 
At 3:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Freedom,
I'm from Harmonia's site, I saw your request for help with your html coding. It looks like you didn't close out your table tags in the "Midweek Munchie" post. It should be an easy fix, please feel free to email me if you don't know how to do that. (My email addy is on my website, I couldn't find yours?)

p.s. I like raw tofu on occasion, too!

 
At 10:32 am, Blogger Jennifer C. said...

I'm with you! Tofu is super duper delicious, even straight!

 
At 4:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes. yes i do. shamelessly and often.

 
At 12:24 am, Blogger Dori said...

No, I couldn't eat tofu straight from the box. I do like tofu - ALOT! I cook with it several times a week, but with flavors of various kinds added.

 
At 12:46 am, Blogger Harmonia said...

Happy Midweek Munchies!

 
At 12:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure tofu is not raw vegan because soybeans are processed and what not

 

Post a Comment

<< Home