Friday, June 08, 2007

I'm BA-ACK!!
Hello! I'm terribly sorry everyone... I did not get swallowed up into a black hole, or drown in a toilet, or get arrested at an animal rights protest (my dad is always saying I'm 18 now, he's not paying my bail if I do, lol!) and I did NOT waste away into nothing because all I eat is raw fruit and vegetables (just in case any raging omnivores who hate us raw vegans are reading this, lol again!)
What did, in fact, happen was that the semester finished and I had exams. Not very exciting, is it? But now I am off uni for 7 weeks and I promise to blog more, I am also getting a bike soon so instead of walking/bussing/train-ing everywhere I will now be pedalling, YAY!
So that's exciting, and what is also exciting is that I have lots of food for you today! Oh but one not so exciting thing is that the ability to comment on my last post was non-existent and I have no idea why. I'm crossing my fingers that the same thing won't happen again... has this happened to anyone else? Was it a Blogger error on that one day? Who knows...

I had this for dinner one night but I think it would be an excellent breakfast for people who are transitioning to/experimenting with raw food, especially if you like porridge/oatmeal. I will post the recipe on my other blog soon.

From another angle:



It is now 9 days into winter here but the end-of-season sweet corn (organic and local) is still available and I think it is the best I've had all season... SOOO sweet and flavourful. I'm eating A LOT of it. This is kind of corn soup... if I remember, it was two ears of corn, a tomato, some flax seeds, bit of water all blended. Maybe there was something else in there? It was nice but with corn this good I think I'd rather just eat it straight up.


Okay I know it is being pretty corny (not literally!) but I am calling this dish 'Dillorangeous.' You know, like delicious but using the two main dressing ingredients... stop laughing! :-) Anyway, I made this salad one night and felt like doing something really different... so I made a dressing. Normally my salad dressing is orange juice or maybe lemon juice, so this really was different. Anyway, it was really good so I'll post this recipe on the other blog at some stage too. I was eating this and going "mm, yum, this is so good" and mum asked why it was so nice and I said "well, I made this nice dressing which is really good but I think what makes it great is the alfalfa sprouts. I love alfalfa sprouts." It's a pity they take so long to grow (well, they do when it's winter and you don't have much sun) but I love love love them. Yum.


Mmmm, this was really good too. I made some 'corn chips' out of my yummy corn in the dehydrator and used them, carrots and celery to dip in two types of dip. I might post those recipes later too. Yum, I want some more corn!


Okay that is all for today. I'll return shortly!

7 Comments:

At 8:57 pm, Blogger Dori said...

WOW! I am impressed. That oatmeal looks like what I cook... amazing. If I had food like what you are showing I could be raw for sure!

 
At 1:49 am, Blogger erica said...

Congrats on your finished exams! I remember college... yuk. Well, there were good things too (I have an art degree, so it wasn't all papers and midterms, just a LOT of projects).

What was in the two kinds of dip? I'm getting a bit worn out on seed cheese over here :P

 
At 6:10 am, Blogger urban vegan said...

yummmy food, as always. congratulations on getting past your exams...I'm sure it's a huge relief.

I just reviewed Carol Alt's new raw cookbook and made some recipes from it. Wish she was more pro-vegan, but the recipes were tasty.

 
At 9:19 am, Blogger Jennie said...

Hi Freedom,

As usual you have my mouth watering with your photos. (Although it didn't water when I saw the one's of Rhusa but my heart went awwwwwwwwww) What a great raw chef you are. I'm looking forward to seeing the recipes in your other blog.

I hope you feel that you went well in your exams.

xoxoxoxo

 
At 11:51 am, Blogger Douglas said...

I am very happy that I found your blog. I really want to eventually have my diet at least 60-70 percent raw. I love veggie dogs with ketchup so I will never be 100% but I am definitely going to to add some stuff to my repetoire!!!!!!

Awesome to find you......

 
At 12:03 pm, Blogger Cherry said...

That oatmeal looks great. I can't wait for the recipe!

 
At 12:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok some requests

You need a better camera first of all. I say a nikon d70 digital.

also more piccies of your beautiful self I wanna see

we need to hang out, when are you coming to stay with me for a week in Miami

SUVINE.COM

peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home