Thursday, January 17, 2008

Exciting Garden Growth
Wonderful things have been happening in our garden of late - things of the fruit and veggie variety! My Mum and I are growing a totally organic and chemical-free garden to feast from, mostly grown from heirloom variety seeds; we have an awesome compost set-up to stimulate growth and also to dispose of the masses of 'rubbish' that I generate (nothing of mine goes in the bin - it's all plant material! No packaging, nothing).



Here it is, at the moment we are putting stuff in the left while the right breaks down, we'll swap in a while. I'd like to do another one so we've got one to put stuff in, one to take stuff from and one that's breaking down. This is modelled on a particular composting system but I can't remember what it's called.



Compost isn't just good for fertilising! We have not planted a single pumpkin seed but this little guys are on a plant that grew from pumpkin seeds I chucked in the compost! As you can see, they are quite big and doing really well! Very exciting.

Our biggest crop by far is tomatoes! We just about have them coming out our ears - which is totally awesome. Unfortunately the tomato picture seems to have been deleted...



To use up the multitudes of tomatoes, I've been making lots of this - my spag bol. Yum!!!

Well, I know this is short but I have to wrap it up. I'll be back to post again soon!
Have a spontaneous day!!

5 Comments:

At 4:01 am, Blogger LizNoVeggieGirl said...

oh, how lovely that you're growing oyur own fruits and vegetables!! I will be as well, when summer arrives - right now, it's winter and positively FREEZING!!

you're definitely putting the abundance of tomatoes you have, to good use!! yum!!

 
At 10:34 am, Blogger Theresa said...

Yum. There is nothing better than eating food that you've grown yourself. Especially if you've grown it using dirt you created yourself!

 
At 9:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur such a vibrant energy. just had to say that. ♥

 
At 11:55 am, Blogger The British Vegan said...

Yum, that spag bol looks absolutely delicious! It's so colourful. What do you use for the spaghetti?

 
At 1:56 pm, Blogger emmaprinny said...

Hi Freedom, I'm a fellow Perth girl enjoying learning about raw foods and really interested in Sunrise Coconuts. Might I be able to contact you via email? I'm beck_emma@hotmail.com
Love your inspiring and positive blog and attitude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home